Friday 14 December 2012

Best foundations under $60 part 1: Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation

I first bought Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation mostly because it's light and generally klutz-proof. Little did I know that it would ignite a long and intense love affair greater than my love of peanut butter on apples (don't diss it 'till you try it. I'm sorry P & A, I still love you. It's not you...it's me).

Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation
IMAGE


The first thing that sticks out the most with this foundation is that smells like you're walking through a fresh fruit store that stocks only the most delicious things like apricot, apples, coconuts and uh, fairy floss.

It's a medium to light coverage, I'd say and it leaves a gorgeous dewy 'I just look this radiant naturally' kind of glow that sticks around all day. The fact that it's dewy shouldn't put off the oily skin types either, some primer and powder should be ample to keep the shine away. I found the stay factor great, I went through a thirteen hour flight whilst smudging my face against a travel pillow and it was still on as though I'd just applied it (minus the dewiness). It claims to have sixteen hours of stay factor I would agree though feel like it's pushing it a little.

Another thing I love about this foundation is that it comes in a pump, which means it's hygienic and it always disperses the right amount of product to do my whole face (1 and a half pumps, since you're asking). The awesome thing about this is that the pump means that you get every last single smudge of foundation out of the bottle, nothing goes to waste. Which means more bang for your buck and more bucks to spend on your miniature animal crocheting classes.

It's pretty difficult to find a fault with my beloved Bourjois, other than the fact that is doesn't have the best colour selection in the world and it's on the pricier side of drug store foundations. But we have something special, Bourjois and I, we're in it for the long haul.

What's your favourite drugstore foundation?

What foundations could you not live without?






No comments:

Post a Comment